Free Lifetime Access to the Elite, Members-Only Community with Coupon Code: FREEACCESS
*Coupon is ONLY good for the first 100 uses*
About the Course
This course is an comprehensive set of video lessons that gives you an in-depth look at how you can start your own home-based web design business. The course gives you more than just plain coding tutorials. This unique course gives you advanced business tactics, pricing strategies and marketing methods to help you set up your business quickly, get your first clients within the first couple of weeks and start turning a profit within your first month.
Website design is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world - expected to grow by a staggering 27% by 2024. Most other industries are only expected to grow by about 7%.
By learning these valuable skills now, you can become a part of an ever-growing community of like-minded designers and developers working in one of the most profitable industries ever.
In this course you will be taught by Jonathan Foster, a web design and SEO consultant who has been running his own home-based web design business for more than 7 years. Running his own home business has allowed him to live a comfortable life while pursuing his own interests and hobbies, while working in an industry that he loves.
In this course you will learn
Every step you need to take in starting your home business, learning web design, getting your first clients and managing the business in the long-term. You will also learn the things no one else tells you when you start freelancing - like how to actually price your work, how to manage taxes, and how to create an ideal work/life balance while running your own business. Having faced all of these problems himself, Jonathan is able to give you greater insight into the world of running a home web design business than any web design tutorial you'll find on a blog.
Section 1: Defining Your Goals and Planning Out Your Business
- Identifying exactly what your goals are for your new business
- Determining precisely what skills you need to focus on
- Creating a simple business plan for your business
- Setting real-world achievable goals that you can start working toward immediately
- Adding safeguards to make sure your business does not take over your life
Section 2: Setting Up Shop
- Choosing a web design platform that works well for you
- Choosing whether or not to work in a specific niche
- How to choose a profitable niche that you enjoy
- Getting help when you are stuck in a project
Section 3: Legal and Financial Concerns
- Learn whether contracts are necessary, and how you can get your own contract in place
- How to budget your money as a freelancer with variable monthly income
- How to manage annual taxes as a freelancer
- Where to get professional financial and legal help
Section 4: Basic Web Design Concepts
- How to create a user-friendly layout
- Learn how to put together attractive color schemes and graphics/images
- Use the design and layout secrets from top web designers to take your design skills to the next level
Section 5: Creating a Custom Website from Start to Finish
- How to choose high-quality hosting providers
- Planning your website's layout
- Using information architecture to make websites easier to use
- Setting up a local development environment
- Installing your CMS and theme
- Creating the base website design
- How to leverage usability testing
- Polishing the design + design and conversion secrets
- Launching the website!
Section 6: Site Performance and Security
- Making sure your websites load quickly
- Protecting your websites from hackers
- Choosing high-quality themes that perform well
- Optimizing your CMS for performance
Section 7: Search Engine Optimization
- On-page SEO and internal linking structures
- How to build high-quality backlinks
- Creating content that search engines LOVE
- Content marketing and social signals
Section 8: Pricing Your Services and Billing Clients
- Should you bill hourly, or charge a fixed price for each site?
- How much is your work actually worth? (This one will surprise you!)
- Managing invoices and billing your clients
Section 9: Getting Your First Clients Fast
- How to attract clients that you love working with
- Getting high-profile clients to hire you
- How to market yourself effectively
- Several different methods of finding new leads for free
- How to close the deal
Section 10: Managing Your Projects and Work/Life Balance
- Creating a productive workspace
- Creating a work flow that is easy to manage
- Getting a work schedule in place that works for you
- Balancing your business with your personal life
- Hiring new subcontractors and growing your team to make more money
- How to acquire new skills and stay up to date on current trends
This course is completely free to anyone who is interested in starting their own business. The course has everything you need to be up and running in no time :)
If you think you might benefit from it, we do have a paid, members-only community of like-minded web designers and other subject matter experts as well as fellow learners who are ready and willing to help you succeed.
Heyo! I'm Jonathan Foster. I'm a web designer, search engine optimization consultant, content marketer, and all around hype-man for my clients. I've been making money with my own online business since before I was out of high school, and now I want to share what I have learned with you so that you can start your own home business. Cheers!